What We Believe
At Faith Bible Church, we strongly desire to be unified under the love and authority of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The primary means God has designed for His body to be spiritually one are through the Word and Spirit of God. This is why these Affirmations of Faith are so important to us as a church family... they are the nails and glue that hold us together. There are some fundamental truths, however, which a person must affirm if they desire to fellowship and minister within our Body. These are found in our Doctrinal Statement. We do, though, encourage a level of doctrinal tolerance outside of the foundational truths of our Doctrinal Statement.
- We believe that there is one God, an infinite, all-knowing Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling every Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that all men are lost sinners and must turn to Christ in saving faith and repentance through regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - the saved to eternal life with Christ and the lost to eternal punishment in hell.
What We Teach
The following document outlines the position of Faith Bible Church on biblical doctrines. It is recognized that there will be those who choose to fellowship with us who do not agree in all points with our doctrinal teaching position. We welcome you to participate freely with us, yet at the same time cannot permit doctrines to be taught within our body that are contrary to what we believe the Bible communicates. The reason for this is because we believe that the cause of unity in the church is best served by elevating the truth, and then demonstrating how Christians can love each other across boundaries, rather than removing the boundaries.
- We value God's Word, the Bible, as solely authoritative and sufficient in all matters of belief and behavior for every believer's enjoyment of God and for the ministry of the church (Psa. 1:1-3; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Pet. 2:2; 2 Pet. 1:2-4).
- We value prayer as the visible engine of all our efforts in ministry and worship (Acts 2:42; Eph. 6:18-20; Phil. 4:6; Col. 4:2; 1 Thes. 5:16-18).
- We value husbands, wives, and children fulfilling their biblical roles in the family and in the church (Deut. 6:4-9; Psa. 78:1-9; Eph. 6:4; 2 Tim. 3:14-15).
- We value personal and corporate worship of God which engages both the mind and the heart (John 4:23-24; Jam. 4:8; Psa. 16:11; 2 Tim. 4:1-4).
- We value Christ-centered relationships, especially through the regular gathering of small groups focused on the application of God's Word, prayer, and mutual love (John 13:34; Eph. 5:1-2; 1 Thes. 5:11; Heb. 10:23-25; Jam. 5:16).
- We value equipping the body in order to develop biblical knowledge, character, and actions that imitate Christ (Eph. 4:12; Col. 1:28).
- We value every believer faithfully serving and exercising their spiritual gifts in the body of Christ (Rom. 12:9-13; 1 Pet. 4:11-12; 1 Cor. 12:7; Eph. 4:11-13).
- We value personal involvement in the establishment of Christ's church both locally and globally through outreach to those who do not know Him (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Rom. 10:1; Col. 4:2-4).
- We value the submission of Faith Bible Church to Christ's leadership which is carried out by a biblically qualified team of elders (Acts 20:28; 1 Tim. 3:1-7; Tit. 1:5-9; 1 Pet. 5:1-3; Heb. 13:17).
- We value equipping men for full-time vocational ministry in the context of the local church (Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Tim. 5:17).
Mission and Priorities
Our mission is to spread a passion for God's supremacy by being passionate disciples of Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19-20; Eph. 3:21; Phil. 3:8; 1 Cor. 10:31).
Our mission is accomplished as we fulfill the God-given priorities for the church.
- Exalt God — To love and worship the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, both individually and corporately (Matt. 22:37).
- Edify the Saints — To build up God's people to be more like Jesus Christ through loving encouragement and equipping in godly character, biblical understanding, and ministry skills (Matt. 22:38; 1 Thes. 5:11; Eph. 4:12).
- Evangelize the Lost — To passionately share the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to establish worshipers in His church locally and globally (Acts 1:8).
Our mission and God-given priorities are accomplished through two essential means.
- The Word of God
The Bible alone is the sole source of authority for our beliefs and behavior, both in the believer's life and the life of the church. We believe the inerrant, inspired Word has authority for all matters of life and is fully sufficient for every need of man (Isa. 40:8; John 17:17; 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- The Spirit of God
The Holy Spirit is the illuminator of Scripture, the empowerer of the means of grace, and the One who infuses the church with God's power. It is only by the Spirit's power that we can honor and glorify the Lord (1 Cor. 2:14-16; Zech. 4:6; Eph. 3:16; 1 Pet. 4:10-11).